Oxford Blues Skater Hockey
Code of Conduct
The following is a code of conduct that ALL club members must read though and agree to abide by. Once you have read and understood the following, please send your agreement online in the box below.
It is important for all concerned that when an adult has discussions with a minor on any aspect of behaviour, that another responsible adult is present.
- Any incidence of fighting, bulling, racial or sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Club members in breach of this will be liable to disciplinary action. This applies whenever or wherever players are representing the Club e.g. sports halls, in changing rooms, at tournaments etc. Such action may involve suspension and in severe or repeated occurrences may result in expulsion from the Club.
- All sports venues must be treated with respect at all times. It is the responsibility of each member to behave appropriately and clear up his or her own litter.
- The stealing of equipment, valuables etc. will not be tolerated and treated as a very serious offence. In such circumstances the police will be involved and the Club member instantly dismissed.
- All team members, other Club members, club officials, match officials must be treated with respect. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated. Any misconduct during training or games (on or off pitch) will lead to disciplinary action such as being benched for a game, match bans or asked to leave the training session. There will be no refund of fees.
- All monies such as subscriptions, training and match fees must be paid when required by the Club treasurer.
- Appropriate protective equipment must be worn during training and match situations at all times. It is the individual players’ responsibility to ensure that kit is in a good state of repair.
- All players registered with the Club must attend regular sessions in their respective age groups to qualify for matches, play-up sessions and team games. Team managers should be informed as a matter of courtesy when attendance at training is not possible with as much notice as possible.
- The Club Committee will deal with all matters of discipline. A detailed explanation of the Clubs discipline policy is laid out in the Behaviour Policy. Players who feel they have been disciplined unfairly will be entitled to a hearing by an independent Appeals Committee.
Code of Conduct